wtorek, 23 czerwca 2015

country road
under the horse's hooves
wild apples

wiejska droga
pod końskimi kopytami
dzikie jabłka

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chill

Winter came fast. On a quiet, early morning I clear the snow out of the driveway. I am not expecting any guests and I am not leaving home today. If my wife were here she would make me do it anyway.

Last night was extremely cold and it brought a lot of snow. It was quiet as if silence itself was falling out of the sky with the snowflakes.

Even in fur gloves my fingers are freezing. Each shovelful is heavier than the last one. I feel the weight of age on my back. I think I have become more hunched since last year. There’s no one to tell me, ‘Don’t slouch!’

prick of a thorn—
her roses are buried
deep in the snow


------------------------------------------------------------------------ 


na rozstaju
to w jedną to w drugą stronę
przydrożne dzwonki


------------------------------------------------------------------------ 


warm breeze
my neighbour's lace panties
waving at me

ciepła bryza
koronkowe majtki sąsiadki
machają do mnie


------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

cemetery gate
crossing I leave behind
the world in bloom
enter a cold silence
of still cypress trees

cmentarna brama
przekraczając ją pozostawiam
kwitnący świat
wchodzę w chłodną ciszę
nieruchomych cyprysów



Wszystkie utwory pojawiły się w majowym wydaniu cattails.